Monday, April 16, 2007

Getting Married!


Early on the 1st April, Leo proposed to me. That evening we had gone out to dinner with a friend and then taken her to the airport. When we got back to Leo's apartment, it was very late. I was doing the usual things one does before going to bed, when I turned around and saw Leo kneeling on the floor and holding a ring. Although we had discussed getting married before, he took me by surprise. I, of course, said yes. We are planning to get married in December in Kuching. Kuching is Leo's hometown and the capitol of Sarawak, a state in East Malaysia. We do not have many details yet, but I will let my friends and family know the precise date as soon as possible. I hope that you will be able to come. Kuching is a very multicultural city -- Malays, Chinese and indigenous people all have very vibrant communities there. If it's possible, reserve a few days just to see the area. I know not all of you have met Leo so I'm attaching a picture of us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO there! If you'll have me, of course. Not sure if Tony will come along, but I am very excited.

    ReplyDelete