Friday, July 16, 2010

Time

I just checked my blog and I'm shocked that my last post was to celebrate Liana reaching 6 months. She's now 10 months. My life with her is full of joy but I also have very little time to maintain all of the projects I had before she was born.

Last semester was really brutal. I was constantly taking work home in the evenings and weekends. During exam week, I actually pulled an all-nighter for the first in 15 years in order to get all of my grades entered. I also felt alternately guilty, depressed or angry about all the things undone and how dirty the apartment was.

The next semester is starting in August and I want not be on such an emotional roller coaster. So, I have decided to hire a cleaner to come at least twice a month so that I don't feel angry about all the chores Leo is not doing, or depressed about all the chores I'm not doing. I won't track how much I've spent in various categories in an Excel file. And I'll stop posting on the blog indefinitely. I will keep updating people about what's going on with us and posting pictures but I will be doing it on Facebook. Writing a sentence in the "What's on your mind" box better suits my life than the blog.

When I restart the blog, I'll let you all know... on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment